For centuries, these seemingly larger-than-life birds have fascinated and inspired us with brilliant leadership characteristics. Eagles are a symbol of beauty, bravery, courage, honor, pride, determination and grace. What makes this bird so important and symbolic to humanity are its characteristics. When eagles come to mind, people commonly imagine some enormous hunter soaring above wide-open spaces on outsize wings.
Indeed, eagles are among the world’s largest birds of prey. We venerate them as living symbols of power, freedom, and transcendence. In some religions, high-soaring eagles are believed to touch the face of God. Eagle is the only one which stands distinguished from the rest of other birds because of certain unique qualities. And these can be called as leadership qualities. It is only the eagle which possesses high relationship with high goals.
Some important characteristics of eagle which is closely associated with the characteristics of Leadership which are accepted worldwide:
- Eagles fly alone and at High Altitudes.* they don’t fly with sparrows, ravens, and other small birds – Stay away from narrow-minded people, those that bring you down. Eagle flies with Eagles. Keep good company.
- Eagles have an Accurate Vision – they have the ability to focus on something as far as 5km away. No matter the obstacles, the eagle will not move his focus from the prey until he grabs it – Have a vision and remain focused no matter what the obstacles and you will succeed.
- Eagles do not Eat Dead things. They Feed only on Fresh Prey – Do not rely on your past success, keep looking for new frontiers to conquer. Leave your past where it belongs, in the past.
- Eagles Love the Storm – Face your challenges head on knowing that these will make you emerge stronger and better than you were. We can use the storms of life to rise to greater heights. Achievers are not afraid to rise to greater heights. Achievers are not afraid of challenges; rather they relish them and use them profitably.
- Eagle Test before Trusting. When a Female Eagle Meets a Male Eagle – Whether in private life or business, one should test the commitment of the people intended for partnership.
- Eagles Prepare for Training. They remove the feathers and soft grass in the nest so that the young ones get uncomfortable in preparation for flying and eventually flies/ when it becomes unbearable to stay in the nest. – Leave your Comfort Zone, there is No Growth there.
- When the Eagle Grows Old, Eagles retire until new feather grows – We occasionally need to shed off old habit no matter how difficult, things that burden us or add no value to our lives should be let go of. — Anonymous
Eagle loves challenges and undergoes changes during lifetime which is essential for leaders. Eagle loves and thrives in thunderstorms. It believes in uncertainly and is highly confident. Eagle is a risk taker as well.
Having clear business goals is a key component of achieving long-term success for an organization. However, without qualified leadership to execute the vision for years and decades to come, the organization will likely struggle to reach milestones and stay on track. And with these leaders are always compared to eagles because they race above the crowd. They exactly visualize where they are going without any external disturbances. Be an Eagle and soar like a leader.
Bearing in mind the characteristics of Eagle, we are so motivated, inspired and strive to follow by keeping the head up.
”Never Give Up- Be Like an Eagle”